The Triangle Scrapbook page looks like it took forever to make, but in reality its really quick and easy to do!
To make this Triangle Scrapbook page you only need two pieces of 12×12 paper. One this double sided patterned, and one that is cardstock. For the one above, I used black cardstock along with a sheet from the Seaside Paper pack from Close to My Heart. Which at the time of this post is still available in very limited quantities!
The video below will show you step by step how to make this page however I will give you written directions as we
- Set your piece of cardstock to the side, you will use it in a bit!
- Remove the zip strip from your B&T paper from Close to My Heart
- Cut the B&T paper into 4 6×6 pieces
- Set one 6×6 piece to the side. You will use it last
- Cut the remaining three 6×6 pieces in half, making two equal triangles from each one
- You will have 6 triangles
- Now, cut those 6 triangles in half. Giving you 12 triangles.
- Place one of your triangles on the cardstock, lining it up along the bottom and making sure the corners match. Only put adhesive along the bottom edge
- Take another triangle and flip it over so that the backside of your B&T paper is showing
- Place it right next to your first piece. If you cut correctly. your two triangles will be exactly 12 inches wide to fit the bottom of your cardstock
- Continue placing your triangles around the outside of your cardstock, alternating sides
- When you are done you will have 4 remaining triangles
- Place the 4 remaining triangles inside the square you created with the first triangles. These will be points down, into the void created with your first pieces
- Remember, only put adhesive along the long edge of the triangles
- Once all your triangles are in place, take the point and fold it back over itself
- I used a bone folder to flatten my creases, and then tack down with adhesive
- Do this for all the triangles, including the center ones
- Now you get to decide how to place your remaining 6×6 square. You can fill it into the hole, or turn it offset like I did above. Look at it boths ways, and on both sides of the paper to get a different feel each way.
Thats it! This page goes together so fast! Now imagine, cutting the triangles one more time, and putting them on a 6×6 scrapbook page or card? You can do so many variations with this technique.
Here is the video showing how I made the page step by step!
Be sure and sign up for my email list while you are here!